Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's been a good year for me at the Camera Club

I received my 5th Blue Ribbon in November from the Nevada Camera Club that I belong to. That means that I am officially not a beginner any more. The divisions are Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Master. When you recieve 5 blue ribbons in your division you are automaticly moved to the next division. I have been moved to intermediate. I hope it's not as hard as I am expecting it to be to get Blue Ribbons. (a blue ribbon is a combined score of 24 or higher from 3 judges. However if there are more than one person with that high of score the judges pick from those images to determine the blue ribbon image. There are 3 judges with 9 being the highest score.) I have never recieved a 9. Here are my 5 blue ribbon images.

"Twlight Zone" Catagory "Abstract" 4-25-08

Taken at the Springs Preserve, Las Vegas, Nevada





"Hang Ten, Dude" Catagory "Nature" 6-27-08

Taken on Turtle Beach, Oahu, Hawaii








"Pipeline" Catagory Club Challenge "Motion" 6-27-08

Taken at Pipeline Beach, Ohau, Hawaii

"The Canopy" Catagory Unclassified Black and White 10-24-08

Taken at Wiamai Falls Botanical Garden, Oahu, Hawaii


"Aye Chi WaWa" Catagory "Animals and Pets" 11-21-08


Taken in my daughter Amie's backyard these are her pets the Dog's name is "Roxy"

1 comments:

Michelle Reber said...

i love all your pictures