Saturday, December 27, 2008

Jerome, Idaho

Darla and I take a Road Trip

Darla and I drove to Jerome, for my Uncle Henry's funeral in Jerome, Idaho. It was about a 10 hour drive. Darla helped drive the last 4 hours

I couldn't help but stop and take pictures along the way.



My brother Mike and my Aunt Marrion. Marrion remeinds me of my mom. I miss her.


Farwell Henry



St. Benedicts Hospital where I was born. In the day mother's were given medicine that knocked you out and when you woke up you had a baby. Things are really different now aren't they.


Plesant Planes House this is the first house I remember living in. The school was on the same property. My grandpa Newman lived in the School basement apartment. I was the Christmas Angel in my 1st grade play. I have good memories here. This is also the place where Randy got the stitches over his eye. He was standing a little to close when I was swinging the golf club.


the back porch


I went to first grade while living in this house my dad taught 6th grade and was the Principal


It's a horse correll now


I took tap dance here


This is the home of Kim Shafer this is where I got my first Kiss!


The Lilac House we had lilacs on the right side of this picture from the front of the house all the way to the back of the property. I remember my dad lifting me up to see my first Robin nest with little blue eggs. It was magical. This is where we had a pillow fight when my brothers were babysitting us. The pillows broke and feathers went everywhere. It was in the middle of winter and they made us go outside by the curb and shake off all the feathers.


Jefferson Elementary I went to 2nd and 3rd grades here. My cousin Connie and I were in 2nd grade together. They wouldn't let us be in 3rd grade together I was devistated. Then we moved to Overton.


This is the Bank that my mom worked in and where she met my dad.

2 comments:

GrandmaLori said...

Dont you just love those trips down memory lane? I think it should be mandatory that everyone get to do that at least once in their lifetime.

Dennis and Diana said...

That's true have you gone back to where you grew up lately? Even going back to Overton is nastalgic for me. The homes are never the same as you remember them. That part is sad.