Friday, February 25, 2011

Original Images Photography by Diana Petersen - Opening Reception at Sunrise Library - Reception images courtesy of Kim Cochrane


February 24th was a milestone for me. My first solo library exhibit. 22 prints exhibited at Sunrise Library, Las Vegas, Nevada. I was very excited when the Library Gallery Coordinator asked if I would be willing to make this exhibit a traveling exhibit that would go to other libraries in Clark County. Of course I said "Yes Absolutely." Who knows maybe there will be another opening reception in a few months at a new library.
Dennis had his first CD release February 16th, "Spirits of Red Rock" Dennis provided the mood for the exhibit by playing during the reception. This was a big milestone for him as well. We are enjoying our before retirement years with lots of exciting new adventures and anticipate many more to come. This is not a done deal yet but I am hoping.
I would like to thank all who came and supported Dennis and I on this special night. Family and friends and even a few homeless people who wandered in to partake of some goodies. Thanks again all.
There are a few individuals I would like to thank. Susie I couldn't have done this without your help. You missed most of the reception because you were so busy making sure the refeshment table was alway full and looking good. You make me feel so special. You are such a good friend. Kim thanks for taking the images of my special night and helping before we opened. It made the night very special to have these images what a grood friends I am blessed with. Harriet and Linda thanks for saving the day, my brain was on overload and when I realized I had forgotten some things you were right there to help me. You are such good friends and as always I know I can count on you in a pinch.
Last but not least a special thanks to my sweetheart, Dennis you made the night extra special with your music. You are the love of my life and I couldn't imagine my world without you in it.

























































1 comments:

Daria said...

oh wow! I wish I knew about your show! Great job! congrats!!!