Monday, May 19, 2008

Rubiks Cube in7 easy steps


I happend to pick up a rubik's cube that someone left at the ward campout. I have really never tried to solve the puzzle. So like any good amerature I looked on line to get the directions to solve "The Rubik's Cube" puzzle. Even with the directions it took 3 days about 15 hours. I did it. I started on our way home from the campout got up Sunday morning tried again went to church came back and started again. Was up until 12:00 pm got up Monday morning at 9:00 am didn't get dressed was in my bathrobe till 4:30 when at last I solved it!!!! I will now throw it away and never look at it again.
Trivia about Rubik's Cube
The fastest time recorded to solve: 9.18 seconds by Edouard Cambon of France 2008
The youngest person to solve Rubik's Cube 4 years 6 months and 10 days old time to solve 1minute 28.06 seconds. (boy don't I feel stupid)
The most expensive Rubik's Cube 1.5 million dollars in 1995 it had 22.5 karats of amethyst 34 karats of rubies, 34 karats of emeralds and set in 18 karat gold




1 comments:

Jennelle said...

Very impressive! I tried solving one once, I got 3 sides down and then quit. You sure could have saved alot of time if you couls have done it in 9.18 seconds.