Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tagged by Nelli 6 random things about me.

1. I love the Desert! I don't like being cold.

I Especially love the desert in the spring. Life is so fragile here and life seems to hang on no matter where God places it. I love it when I see the new grass on the desert it is one of my favorite moments.



















The desert is beautiful you just have to look in places you aren't use to seeing beauty.

2. I love to fish.
I don't like to eat fish. My fish have to taste like chicken. I am learning to fly fish. Yep that's me in waders. I have been deep sea fishing 3 times in my life and of the 3 times I went, I got sea sick 3 times. I did however manage to fish one of the times when we were in Puerta Viarta, Mexico inbetween being sick and I caught a Yellow Tail Tuna. I have given up deep sea fishing. Stream fishing is my favorite. 3. I love Mountains!!!!! I love Red Rock and the Escarpment. Give me the wide open spaces of the West. I need to be able to see more than 50 feet in front of me. I went to visit Art in North Carolina, trees, trees, trees, everywhere trees. I was clostrophobic and couldn't wait to get back to the west where you can see forever.

This is the background of our last family picture. I really love hiking all the trails in Red Rock Conservation Area. This is from Pine Creek 4. I love to hike.

This was Dennis' birthday present to me.

Hiking the Peak at Mt. Charleston for my 50th birthday. This hike is considered a very difficult hike because there is no water on the mountain and you have to carry all your own water. We left at 6 am and got back at 6 pm. One of the longest days in my life. But I am so happy to have checked that one off my list. On one of our pre hikes we got caught in a lightning storm out in the open at the saddle. Lightning was hitting the ground 25 feet away from us. We could see it hit the ground. We could only lay as flat as we could and pray. Then it started to hail. After 15 minutes of hail and 3 inches stacked up around us Dennis determined we needed to get off the mountain. We literally ran down the mountain. I was hypothermic by the time we reached the truck. I want to hike Havasupi in October. I need to start training.
5. My nickname given to me by my brothers was Clem or Clum which ever would make me madder. I loved to watch Clem Cadiddle Hopper (a character of Red Skelton) So they would call me Clem or Clum and then watch me cry. When I would cry they would make fun of me and say "Youkon King" (and make wolf howling sounds) That would make me madder and cry harder. I had very awnry brothers. I still love watching Red Skelton re runs. He has some of the best patomimes ever.
6. I hate to cook. That doesn't mean I can't cook it just means I don't like to. I asked Dennis would you rather have a wife who can cook but doesn't want to, or a wife who can't cook and who does. He had to think about that for a few minutes. I would rather have someone else cook, and do the dishes thank-you. I like to eat out. My favorite food is Asian. (Chinese, Tai, Japanese, Phillipine,)
Well there it is 6 random things about me you probablly already knew. I didn't add that I love to take picture cause everyone already knows that about me. Oh Green is my favorite color and 2 is my favorite number.

1 comments:

Jennelle said...

Ha! I liked that post. You were a tortured child just like me weren’t you? Those pesky brothers, they’re nothing but trouble. Love all the desert pictures, it makes me miss home. That is what I love about the desert too. People see dirt and dead plants and I see an oasis full of diverse life…. plants and animals. When people ask me if I liked growing up in Vegas I tell them “No!” but I love Outside of Vegas. I think I would like to live up at Mt. Charleston.