Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hike to Pine Creek at Redrock

Pine Creek in Red Rock Canyon 30 minutes from Las Vegas it was 100 degrees at 8:00am and only 80 degrees at Pine Creek.
Grandpa spent his time playing the flute and teaching Jace how to play.
There was even water still running and there were suprises in the water that a 7 year old boy couldn't resist
Jace was a little squeemish at first but then the boy in him kicked in an we coudn't keep him out of the water


Then he found them ... tad poles

I spent the time taking picutes this is one of my favorites


Jace finally got the hang of it and started to catch and release the tad poles some had already spouted leggs and would jump off his hands





Grandpa and Jace


Jace the mighty tad pole hunter. We had so much fun we love hiking with the Grandkids



3 comments:

Jennelle said...

great dragon fly picture! really turned out cool.

Dennis and Diana said...

Thanks I really liked it too. I think I will use it on one of my competion nights

Danielle Avila said...

Mom looks like you guys had a blast. Jace loves the line, the mighty tad pole hunter. alexis is crying that she is not on the computer. Make sure you take some pics of her and blog her. thanks for spending the time with jace he loved every minute of his visit.

Jace says thank you for letting me have a sleep over. from jace.

Alexis says I cant wait for my sleep over.