Friday, July 24, 2009

My first 2 Blue Ribbons in Advanced Division

Tonight was my first night in the Advanced Division for my camera club. I was nervous and excited. Like Melanie said "I'm playing with the big boys now" Well at least that is what I think she said. Any way. This is my fist blue ribbon image it is of the Grand Canyon It is titled
"Rain Falling on Silence" category Monochrome / Nature I love this picture. I think it is one of my favorites

This is my 2nd blue ribbon. it is called "Wild Hogs" 4 Britts on a road trip" This was taken at the ward camp out last November. I didn't think it was a very good picture then I was told by a good friend at the camera club. Crop out what isn't necessary in you picture.. Wa la a so so image becomes a blue ribbon image

These guys just happened to be in Valley of Fire at the same time our ward was on a camp out. They had just flown to Las Vegas from London rented Harley's and were on a road trip. They were taking pictures of each other when I volunteered to take pictures with their cameras. Then I asked if I could take there picture so I ran back to the truck and got my camera out. And here it is . Category People / color (it was printed on metalic paper) Another favorite.


This was scored a 25 That would qualify for a blue ribbon if no one was higher. But there were so many wonderful pictures in the panoramic catagory that I didn't stand a chance. this image was printed 12" x 36" on metalic paper. This picture was taken in January at Red Rock


2 out of 3 is pretty good for my first time out. Well I am pleased with my efforts and am looking forward to being in this group.
16 of us went out to Applebee's afterwards I bought a round of desert shooters for everyone who wanted one. It was my way of celebrating.

1 comments:

Smart Helm said...

I am impressed. Go u!