Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hike to Big Falls, Mount Charleston, Nevada




To get to Big Falls you start out on the Mary Jane trail and just before you start the switchbacks you go off the trail to the left. It was a harder hike than MaryJane Falls because all those boulders had to be climbed over to get to Big falls. I have scrapes and brusies to prove it. But it was worth it. The critters were wonderful to see and the falls was great too. It started ot get overcast and when the thunders started visions of being in that canyon with a flash flood and lightning made us head back. I could have stayed for hours. I love to hike. This last picture is looking back towards Mary Jane falls in the distance.

2 comments:

Michelle Reber said...

I love the Mary Jane Falls hike. And I love all of the pictures you took. Can't wait until you get something published!

Smart Helm said...

I've been there! It really is beautiful.