Saturday, April 26, 2008

My first blue ribbon at the Camera Club

Well, I did it, my first Blue ribbon at the camera club. I am sooooo happy. Title, Twlight Zone. It was entered in the abstract catagory. There are 3 judges and a photograph can be scored from 6 to 9. 6 being the lowest. I got 8, 9, 8 for a total of 25. 24 constitutes a blue ribbon except where there are more than on blue ribbon winner, then the photographs are given placement of 1st, 2nd or 3rd. So even if you have a 24 which is blue if another photo gets a higher placement than you you get a lower ribbon. (That has happened several times to me and it is very frustrating) It is a picture of a granite ball that is spinning. The colors are the reflection from the celing. It was taken at the Springs Preserve in Las Vegas.

3 comments:

Michelle Reber said...

Woooo! Hooooo!

Dennis and Diana said...

Thanks, that means alot coming from one of my artistic daughters.
MOM

Jennelle said...

Hooray!!! That is pretty cool. Glad you went with the Twilight Zone title for the photo. Keep on taking pictures. You are getting better and better. Love ya!